Hi, and welcome to my website!
I'm guessing that if you've found this site, you have a profound passion for writing. In fact, you don't just want to be a writer — you want to be an author.
Do you have a story inside you just screaming to be told, but something's in the way, keeping you from writing it?
- You're overwhelmed, having no idea how or where to start.
- You started but quickly found yourself mired in doubt, worried you're headed in the wrong direction.
- You wrote your book but are now frustrated to the point of desperation by a growing pile of rejection slips.
Regardless, you've come to the right place. Because over the last 40 years, I've been an author, an editor, and a publisher. So I'm confident I can put you on the track to success.
Let Me Help
If people know me, it's probably as “the Left Behind guy,” referring to my New York Times bestselling novel series. But I've actually written more than 185 books across several genres so far (including lots of biographies of famous people), and my writing has also appeared in magazines like TIME, Reader's Digest, Parade, and many others.
But it wasn't always this way. I started where most writers start — unknown and unpublished. I wrote my first several books on a manual typewriter that sat on a wooden board suspended between two chairs. I learned early that there are no shortcuts to publishing success.
Authors I admired as a teenager took the time to advise me long before I became known or published, and I vowed that if I ever succeeded, I'd pay that gift forward.
That's why I'm here. I believe that with the right skills and the proper guidance, you can learn to create powerful prose that entertains, touches hearts, and has the potential to impact lives all over the world. That happened for me, a kid from a small town in Michigan, so why not you?
My Goal for You
I created the Jerry Jenkins Writers Guild to help you become the author you long to become.
You've come to the right place if you:
- Are ready to unleash the book you have inside you.
- Long to make a living sharing your creativity and message with the world.
- Want to train under someone who's been there and can take you to the next level.
- Want to network with thousands of other dedicated writers.
- If you're willing to learn, I'll come alongside you in your writing journey and help you avoid the common pitfalls most novice writers face.
I'll send you a new tip at least once a week that'll help you improve your writing or educate you in the business of publishing and/or marketing your book. The only prerequisite for joining the community today is that you fully commit to reaching your full potential as a writer.
If you'll have me, I'd be honored to serve as your virtual writing coach. Just click the button below to get started, and I'll send you my top 5 writing tips right away.